The Total Mobility scheme helps people with serious mobility constraints access subsidised door-to-door transport through approved transport providers based in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne.
Eligible scheme members use their Total Mobility photo identity smart card to receive a 50% discount on door to door travel up to a maximum of $25 per trip (50% discount on $50 full fare).
To join the scheme applicants are assessed by approved assessment agencies. All agencies charge a fee for this service, please check what their assessment or membership fee(s) are.
The assessment process identifies whether your mobility constraint means you cannot manage any one or more of these components of a journey:
- Getting to the place from where the transport departs.
- Getting onto the transport.
- Riding securely.
- Getting off the transport.
- Getting to the final destination.
How do I apply for a Total Mobility Photo ID smart card?
Contact a Total Mobility assessment agency to discuss eligibility and arrange an assessment.
- Whakatāne assessing agencies (PDF 169.02KB)
- Rotorua assessing agencies (PDF 143.07KB)
- Tauranga assessing agencies (PDF 308.78KB)
The assessment agency representative will talk through the assessment process and if appropriate arrange a suitable time to meet with a trained assessor.
Who are Total Mobility transport providers?
The following companies provide Total Mobility services in the Bay of Plenty.
When you book your taxi please remember to:
- Contact the operator directly
- Book in advance when you can
- Let them know if you need a wheelchair accessible vehicle or other assistance.
- Tell them that you will be using a Total Mobility photo ID swipe card and
- Show the driver your swipe card at the start of the trip