Support Group Meetings
We hold a Support Group Meeting every first Tuesday of the month this starts at 1:30pm and goes for about 1.5 hours.
Solway Showground, Doug Lamb Building, Cnr York and Fleet Streets, Masterton 5810.
We finish with afternoon tea, and many find the social interaction quite encouraging with people who have similar situations. Attendance is free and informal.
Alzheimers Wairarapa Provides
- information on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias – this includes verbal and written material on all aspects of dementia
- information on other community services which may be of help
- support for all people affected by dementia
- support for younger people and families especially in the early stages of dementia
- regular carers sessions
- educational resources
- speakers for community groups to help with awareness
- advocacy for better services for people with memory loss
- advocacy for people with dementia in rest homes
- day activity groups two times per week for people with memory loss and confusion – this also gives carer relief for five hours a day
- community education for at-home carers and families, rest home and community caregivers, PHO & DHB and the public.